Caliber has broad capabilities in plant, cell culture, and microbial-based expression systems. With these capabilities, Caliber maintains the full range of options for biological product development and manufacturing to respond to current unmet patient and global needs.
Caliber is a leader in the Plant-made (N. benthamiana) pharmaceuticals (PMP) production platform. This platform offers a number of advantages over traditional systems for the development and production of protein therapeutics such as monoclonal antibodies.
- The flexibility and speed of plant technology enables high throughput screening and optimization of biotherapeutics before they ever reach clinical trials.
- Plants are able to make novel and complex molecular forms that cannot otherwise be produced in cell-based systems, thus providing the opportunity to open new treatment paradigms for patients with unmet medical needs.
- There are significantly lower facility and production costs associated with plant-based technology.
- Plant-based systems are more likely to scale to meet increased and varied demand, from personalized to global applications.
- The speed of production allows accelerated screening of new therapeutics and vaccines against emerging threats inclubing pandemic events.
- Plant-based technology offers less risk of propagating human pathogens or other mammalian contaminants.