How To Make CBD Oil
Many people learn how to make their own CBD oil because it can easily save you 50% on costs compared to purchasing CBD Oil from a retailer.
If you do it right, your CBD Oil may even be higher quality and safer than most generic brands on the market, as they often use harmful chemical additives and toxic solvents in their product. When you make your own CBD Oil, you know exactly what goes into the product.
You can buy CBD extracts in bulk and some basic materials and be all set. We will go over the best sources to buy your CBD and the 3 methods to make CBD oil we found that provide the best results.
CBD Oil Recipe
- Crush 1 gram of CBD isolate into powdered form
- Put your CBD Extract into a pot
- Add 1 cup of coconut oil
- Let the pot simmer on the stove at the lowest temperature and stir until the CBD has completely dissolved
- Pour the CBD Oil into a glass jar and store it
That’s it! You now have 48 teaspoons of Coconut CBD Oil at 20mg of CBD per serving! You can adjust the strength and potency of the oil by using more or less CBD Isolate accordingly. Simply divide the amount of CBD Isolate you used by the amount of oil you used in teaspoons. For example, 600mg of CBD isolate in 48 teaspoons(1 cup) of CBD Oil would result in a potency of 12.5 mg CBD per teaspoon.
This CBD oil’s shelf life is at least 2 months and can be extended with refridgeration.
Other methods to make your own CBD Oil
There are alternative ways to making your own CBD Oil other than using CBD isolate concentrates, you could also choose to derive your CBD from High-CBD Strains of Medical Cannabis or from Industrial Hemp leaves.
This is very common among patients who use CBD although using Medical Cannabis strains will contain significant amounts of THC depending on the CBD:THC Ratio of the strain.
Some of the most common High CBD Strain ratios are:
- Charlotte’s Web (CBD: 15%, THC: 5%)
- Pennywise (CBD: 9%, THC: 9%)
- Haley’s Comet (CBD: 8%, THC: 8%)
- Harlequin (CBD: 15%, THC: 5%)
- Cannatonic (CBD: 15%, THC: 1%)
If you are going to use a new strain we recommend you try vaping it to make sure there are no unwanted side effects associated.
If you do not have access to High CBD Marijuana, you could alternatively choose to buy Hemp leaves in bulk online and extract the CBD yourself. Hemp is sold at a relatively cheap price and and the leaves contain 1-2% CBD and only 0.3% THC. There are many places you could buy Hemp Leaves in bulk bulk online, but one we recommend is Grow Hemp Colorado. as they offer organically grown, pesticide free plant material.
CBD EXTRACTION METHODS
Once you have your Plant Material, There are three main methods of extracting the CBD; CO2, ethanol, or oil extraction.
The CO2 extraction is the most sophisticated and effective way if you want to know how to make CBD oil like a professional. Most of the professionally made CBD Oil products online are CO2 extracted because it is by far the best method. However, CO2 Extraction requires a lot of expensive equipment and some chemistry knowledge. This isn’t something that most people could do at home.
The ethanol extraction method is cheap and easy, although it can destory some of the CBD content in the plant material, making it not all that effective.
For that reason we recommend the oil extraction method as it is easy, cheap and clean making it definitely the best method for the average person learning how to make CBD Oil and extract it from plant material themselves.
- Start by chopping your desired amount of plant (an ounce is a good place to start) as fine as you can. Grind it up as much as possible into small little flakes.
- Preheat your oven to 220 F and place the chopped plant onto aluminum foil over a cookie sheet.
- Once the oven is heated, place the sheet into it, and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the plant and place it in olive oil in a closed container. For an ounce, use 6 cups of olive oil, so do the math based on whatever amount you are using.
- Place the closed container back into the oven and let it bake for another 90 minutes.
- The CBD will simply dissolve into the olive oil solution.
- Finally, strain out the plant with a strainer and place the oil in its container where it can sit in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
Thats it! Now you know how to make CBD Oil and you can consider yourself a self-sufficient CBD patient!
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of learning how to make your own CBD Oil, you can always visit our recommended source for CBD Tincture Oil.
We hope you enjoyed this article and remember to come back to Caliber Biotherapeutics for any other CBD Oil related questions!