How To Make CBD Oil
- Quality: Due to the lack of regulation, there is no quality control or standards for the brands selling CBD oil to follow. This means that there is no way of knowing for sure if the products contain harmful chemical additives or if the hemp was grown with harmful herbicides and pesticides. When you make your own CBD oil there is no doubt in the contents of your product.
CBD Oil Recipe
Things You Need
- CBD isolate or concentrate
- Cooking oil (Coconut, Olive, or Canola)
- Pot + Stove top
- Add 1 cup of oil(Coconut, Olive or Canola) to a pot, put the pot on the stove and turn the element on to the lowest temperature and let the pot simmer.
- Crush 1 gram of CBD crystals or concentrate into powdered form, and put the concentrate into the pot.
- Stir the mixture until the CBD has completely dissolved.Note: The temperature of the oil should not exceed 118°C/245°F as this will burn the CBD and you will be left with just oil.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down, then pour the CBD Oil into a glass jar and store it at room temperature.
Thats it! You will now have 48 teaspoons of homemade CBD Oil at 20mg of CBD per serving!
You can adjust the strength and potency of the oil by using more or less CBD isolate accordingly. Simply divide the amount of CBD you used by the amount of oil you used in teaspoons. For example, 600mg of CBD isolate in 48 teaspoons(1 cup) of oil would result in a potency of 12.5 mg CBD per teaspoon.
This CBD oil’s shelf life is at least 2 months and can be extended with refrigeration.
How To Use Homemade CBD Oil
Now that you have made your own CBD oil, you are probably wondering what the best way to use it is. The following are a few methods:
- Orally: One teaspoon of CBD oil can be directly dropped on or beneath your tongue, and swallowed. It will take about 5-10 minutes to start to work, although if you hold the oil in your mouth for 60-90 seconds, the CBD will be absorbed by the receptors in your mouth and start to work almost immediately.
- Topical: You can also apply your homemade CBD oil directly to the skin of sore muscles or feet for immediate and long-lasting effects to reduce aches, pains and inflammation.
- Edibles: Cooking with your CBD infused Oil in your food or you can make CBD edibles and candies such as brownies, cakes, and gummies to easily consume it.
- Capsules: Capsules are an easy and convenient way of storing and consuming your CBD oil. Just add the oil to an empty gelatin capsule and then they can be consumed normally like any other pill capsules.
Difference between Retail vs Homemade CBD Oil
The difference between retail and homemade CBD oil is retail brands professionally extract and infuse CBD from hemp plants and packaged for the market and homemade CBD oil is made at home using previously extracted CBD concentrates.
The other differences can be understood by the following points:
- Extraction: Retails brands often use professional extractors on industrial hemp plants which results in a full spectrum range of Cannabinoids mainly CBD, which is usually available in the form of a pure CBD tincture. Whereas homemade CBD oil made from isolate is only CBD. The effects and benefits are generally the same for both, although full spectrum CBD oil interacts with the entire endocannabinoid system providing the entourage effect.
- Ingredients: The ingredients used to make homemade oil are selected by the cook, so you know exactly what is in it and that there are no harmful chemicals involved. On the other hand, retail brands are produced in a factory where chemical processes could be involved. Although they follow a certain set of ingredients as per a decided recipe and all the bottles are manufactured accordingly, you can never be 100% what is safe or not. It is best to make sure the brand of CBD Oil has been lab tested by a third party for quality and safety.
- Price: There’s a big difference in the price of the oil when produced at home and when bought retail. Buying online or from the store can cost 3-4 times the amount that it would cost if you learned how to make CBD Oil. Many people who take CBD consistently decide to find cheaper methods to save on money, as buying bottles from companies can get expensive.
- Packaging: Homemade CBD oil is usually kept in leftover empty jars or bottles. Professional Hemp oil, on the other hand, comes with a comfortable and useful bottle, along with a label which usually states the dosage amount etc.
Other methods to make CBD Oil
There are a few alternative ways to making your own CBD oil. Other than using CBD isolate concentrates, you could also choose to derive your CBD from High-CBD Strains of Medical Cannabis.
This is very common among patients although using Medical Marijuana strains will contain significant amounts of THC depending on the CBD: THC Ratio of the strain.
Some of the most common High CBD Medical Marijuana Strain ratios are:
Hemp Extraction Methods
The oil extraction method is easy, cheap, and clean making it the best method for the average person learning how to make CBD oil and extract the plant material themselves. The dried plant material is first heated up to a certain temperature to activate the cannabinoids. The plant material is then added to oil which is further heated to extract the CBD and what you are left with is homemade CBD oil!
We hope you enjoyed this article and remember to come back to Caliber Biotherapeutics for any other CBD related questions!